Lithuanian Airports have officially joined the Charter initiated by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and undertook the commitment to ensure the highest epidemiological safety standards, as well as to exchange information with other members of the Charter in order to manage the challenges faced by the aviation industry due to the pandemic. Read more here.
Passengers travelling through Lithuanian Airports must adhere to the following rules:
- Only the passengers wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) are allowed into the terminal and this is valid at all times while in the terminal building (except cafes and restaurants).
- Please bear in mind that different air carriers have different rules on wearing protective face masks on their airplanes. Usually – medical (surgical) face masks, FFP type respirators without valves and other face masks made from sturdy materials are allowed on flights. Face shields, FFP type masks with valves, scarves, shawls and other types of masks are not allowed on flights. Please check the regulations present at your air carrier.
Additional health safety measures
- Hand disinfectants are available for passengers throughout the terminal building. Passengers are strongly advised to regularly wash or disinfect hands;
- Terminal premises, horizontal and vertical surfaces are regularly cleaned using disinfectants preventively each day;
- Preventive notifications are voiced over the audio system and video messages are shown on the screens at the terminal;
- A limited number of registration tables are in use at the same time, tables for different flights are placed at maximum distance from each other;
All passengers inside the airport must wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
Hand disinfection stations
Terminal premises, horizontal and vertical surfaces are regularly cleaned using disinfectants
- Queue barriers are placed in front of the tables, supplemented with disinfectant and marking every 1-2 meters, also information on keeping distance is provided;
- Organic glass shields are installed on the registration, security check, and boarding tables;
- All staff wear PPE which is mandatory;
- Possibility to purchase PPE is present in the terminal building;
All staff wear PPE which is mandatory
Organic glass shields are installed on the security check and boarding tables
- Every second chair on the benches is marked as not to be used;
- Special bins are placed at the arrivals terminal for throwing away (when changing) used PPE.
Every second chair on the benches is marked as not to be used
When picking up luggage please also keep a safe distance
Organic glass shields are installed on the registration tables
A Covid-19 testing facility run by laboratory "Rezus.lt" is available ar Vilnius Airport. Find all information on available tests here.
Renewed requirements for hand luggage
Now passengers can carry up to 500 ml of disinfectant in hand luggage, and up to 2 litres in checked baggage. The disinfectant must be in its original packaging containing the manufacturer’s label; the label must indicate that the liquid is indeed hand disinfectant. This rule only applies to disinfectants, general rules apply for all other liquids. Passengers can carry onto the aircraft (both in hand and checked baggage) only the liquids that do not exceed 70% in alcohol concentration. Please find all baggage rules and list of prohibited items here.